Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Christmas in July

Almost finished with the most recent exchange.  I actually got a jump start on it back in June and wasn't sure what the exchange was going to entail for sure.  I thought it was to be similar to a Christmas gift exchange, not necessarily something Christmas themed.  Once I discovered exactly, I couldn't decide between stitching a magnet or stitching an ornament, so I decided on both -- the ornaments were small enough, so why not?  Somewhere in there, I discovered that last year some of the participants didn't receive an item back when they only exchanged with one person, so the organizer of the event decided, quite rightly, for each person to have two exchanges.  The items I've got going will find good homes.  As always, I've gone overboard.  My two recipients are both overseas in the UK.  Each will receive an ornament for their tree, a Christmas-themed magnet, and each will also get two Christmas "gifts" from me:  a bookmark and a satchet with some potpourri... neither an actual Christmas theme, more so just for fun.  Most of my items need me to get out my sewing machine, which I hope to do tomorrow evening possibly, for finishing.  I just busted out my serger a few days ago and surged up a pair of shorts for my daughter for our upcoming vacation (the shorts are also in need of my other machine for the hems and elastic to be put in, so I'll be a busy little seamstress this weekend, hopefully!  Pictures to be posted eventually....

No comments:

Post a Comment