Thursday, January 12, 2012

On a Safari

Here we are, already in the midst of January, rapidly heading toward the middle of the first month of 2012 already!  As of January 1, 2012, I started on my first Mystic Stitch, "Safari."  I have decided to take progress pictures on each Sunday (skipping that first one on the 1st).  So, progress as of January 8 is below:
Though the rust/reddish color looks fairly close, there are several colors in that mix.  The black is the emergence of a tree.  Unfortunately, a lot of the rest of this first page is confetti, so it's slow going, but I still love it!  I will be sad to put it down for February, but excited to pick up my next one, too.  I'll eventually get to one I'm not as excited to work on and return to this.

Prior to this, I spent December working on the pink border on my cupcakes until I received the Round Robin piece for a sweet girl in Tennessee (shout out to Lara!).  Her theme is fairies, and she provided the pattern, but I am saving back the picture with her wings until she gets it back as I wanted her to have some surprise.  (For anyone who stopped by yesterday, you're not losing it -- I hadn't posted a picture and came back to add one of her and to link up Lara's blog.)  This little fairy is just about the cutest thing -- I love how she turned out!  It isn't my usual choice to stitch, which is one of the fun things about a Rount Robin, but I completely enjoyed her and, in fact, am considering these dolls as a future theme for my daughter now!

Next month, my mom is planning a sewing day with some of my aunts and cousins, so I'm looking forward to that.  They'll be doing mostly quilting and sewing with their machines, but I'll find a comfy corner and curl up with either my Safari or next month's project, Theresa Wentzler's Noah's Ark Sampler.  This coming weekend is my good friend's monthly weekend SAL, so I hope to get lots done and post another WIP picture soon! 

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! lol You're project is so pretty! I don't think I could do something that big. I've only done small 5x7 projects so far....big projects are still a little scary. I bet you're going to get tried of all the brownish colors. lol

    ReplyDelete