Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Safari, Take 2

As of my last post plus a week, I finished page 1... the giraffes were a touch darker than I thought they'd be, but I liked it.  No, I loved it.  Two weeks of work, and I was ready to begin page 2.  Off I went to use my trusty washable marking pencil to mark the fabric... but wait... this can't be right.  It's 6 pages wide, right?  Or was it 5?  Eyeing the fabric, I prayed it was 5... and then I stumbled into every stitcher's nightmare.  My fabric wasn't wide enough. 

I didn't yell.  I didn't holler.  I didn't even cry.  I seriously considered chocolate.  Instead, I felt disappointed in myself for a couple of hours and then dug out the 25-count evenweave I had set aside for my project I'll be starting in March.... and started over.  This time around, I began with the confetti toward the bottom and finished my giraffes first.  I couldn't bear the thought of being without their company again longer than I needed to be.  Last night marked 8 days, and I beat my first time by 6 days.

I'm still not sure how I made such a mistake.  I am hanging onto the first page 1 to turn it into a smaller design some day by adding the feet of the giraffes and the head of the other one there.  I have never stitched on 25-count before, and at first I thought, "Boy, are those squares small!"  I found I like it better than the first one.  It's being stitched with 1 over 1.  Full speed ahead with page 2.

In other stitchy-related news, my Round Robin group has agreed on mailing the first weekend of February, so soon I'll be working on the next project in line for that, a Christmas tree!  Another pattern provided to me by the owner, and so gorgeous!  I can't wait to get started.  It looks like it will be a relative quick stitch.

February is fast approaching, and with it, the Noah's Ark sampler by Theresa Wentzler.  I'll be picking that up again on the 1st and then deciding how to do a rotation between that and Safari.

No comments:

Post a Comment